I am always thinking of my Uncle Tim, and right now I'm thinking how #1 he was a GREAT man and #2 I learned sooooo much from him, and as I watched him pass into eternity. Lessons that are deeply valuable and worth sharing.
One being: I saw what mattered was not just that he was a nice person - but that he spoke of Jesus to people... not all accepted that message, but he told it... he stood out from the crowd. THAT is what people remember... that he was DIFFERENT. He did not conform... and for that.... he was a great man. There were times in my Uncle's life he so wished he could have done differently...spent his time differently... invested in what mattered during those times. It was unreal that in all the impact he made in his life, he still wished he hadn't wasted so much time when he was younger. What an incredible man. I can only hope to continue his legacy. And you see, you really realize what makes a legacy when you watch someone you love leave theirs. I want to be remembered for my heart for God FIRST and FOREMOST - I want to leave a legacy for Jesus. I will NEVER let my uncle be forgotten. He gave me the only fatherly love i've ever known and I will forever talk of him. (more to come...)
"This is what it means to be held, what it means when the sacred is torn from your life... and you survive." Held... by Jesus. "Survive" isn't something I feel yet, but I will. I still miss his stong arms holding me, but Jesus is holding my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment